Friday, January 19, 2007

many topics

So, what a long day. Fun, but long. Yesterday I met Lynn at the quilting convention and went to a lunch and demonstration with her. It was very fun. The teacher was hilarious. Lunch, not so much. But it was a short time and then I left. Today, she picked me up at 11 and we didn't get home till 5 ish. There was a 1 hour showing of quilts, but other than that and a short stop to eat I was on my feet, walking, walking, walking. With 100 pounds of 02 on my back. Well ok, it wasn't 100 pounds but it sure felt like it by the end of the day! There has to be an easier way. Yes there is the kind you pull, but the arthritis in my elbows prevents me from doing that for more than a very short (30 minutes) while. Anyway, I got some very cute material. "Carol, I didn't know you quilted", you say....well heck I don't! But the material was so cute I couldn't resist and my sister swears she is going to get me to make a quilt! We'll see! I was wiped out, but Lynn went back for a quilt class or group, whatever it's called, to do a quilt from 6 PM to 6 AM. Yep, she's gonna be there all night! I gave her a key so she could come sleep here if she can't make it home.

Anyway, after she dropped me off, Kelly and I went to eat and then to sign language class. His is from 6:30 to 7:30. He did great! Now he can understand me when I can't talk ( I lose my voice a lot) but do you know what he told the class, in sign language? The teacher asked how much sign language he knew. He was supposed to say a little, some, a lot.... He said and I quote "crazy woman, her". Meaning that's what he knew.. the words "she's a crazy woman". Hey, that's not nice!!! But the class enjoyed it. Then he went home and my class was from 7:30 to 9. Now I'm home and tired but thought I'd write. What a fun day it was!


Let's see, what other topic...hmmmmm. Oh, transplant eval. As far as I know, I've done all the tests, some twice. But still no answer. The transplant coordinator called while I was gone and told Kelly I have to do something more, not sure what it is, but that it wouldn't slow down the process. I'll find out Monday I guess. On the regular medical front...my primary doc did regular blood work which showed my three month blood sugar level is 6.3 (should be under 7), my cholesterol is 183, my other levels are all good, but I'm anemic. So wanted more testing to see if there was a problem like bleeding and no there's no other problem but I'm low in iron, B-12 and folic acid. Weird. So yup, more supplements. I'm hoping if we get the anemic part fixed I won't be so tired all the time.

Lastly, I'm afraid all my plants are dead. They are crunchy and not happy at all. My few potted plants are ok because I put them in the garage with blankets on (towels on them) but the outdoor stuff...not so good. It will be interesting come spring to see what grows and what doesn't. I'm not supposed to be playing in the dirt (aspergillis from the dirt can get in your lungs...yea yea yea...I've been playing in the dirt for years) but think this year I'll be in the dirt a lot replacing plants. Hmmm, my chance to relandscape, what do I want?

So I think that's all. I'm off to do med's and see how long my eyes will stay open. Oh, in case anyone wondered, Kelly is really loving his new job. People, good, drive, good, work load, good, fun, yep. Whewwww. I'm so happy for him. Ok, really that's all now. Bye

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I like working in my flowerbed. I mostly have tulips, daffidils, iris's and mums. I haven't been able to keep roses alive. Sometimes its fun to start new plants.