Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's too darn cold!

What the heck is going on? Is California having a REAL winter? Good thing I've got really warm coats. The other morning, Kelly woke me up to look outside and said "look, everything is white". Well my brain was still asleep and I was thinking "yea, so?" Then he had me look out the sliding glass door and I saw a two or three inch layer of white stuff on the brick planters. Oh, I get it. I thought it was snow but he said it was hail. And then I noticed all the white yards and roofs he was trying to show me before. I was afraid for him to drive to work if the roads were frozen. It started raining and the "white stuff" didn't go away!

Well, he waited a while to leave for work and I went back to bed. When I got up it was sunny, not a cloud to be seen, and no white stuff left. I'd have never known if he hadn't shown me! I do have a picture and will post it if I ever learn how!

I've received a picture from my friend who was in Albuquerque for Christmas, it snowed there about a foot. She grew up there and it never snowed there that much. I received a picture from my Aunt in Oregon. She lives on the coast...another picture, another snow, another snow man!
It doesn't usually snow that much there, if at all. I'm not sure.

What the heck? Freezing in Dallas and Austin? I've had to put little blankets on my plants so they don't die. The plant in front is all crispy and I don't think it'll make it back. I just pruned all my roses a few days before this weather. I hope they live. I don't want to replace 15 rose bushes!

Other than that, I went to my first night of sign language class at Chaffey. Only sign I is open, but I think it will be too easy for me. I recognized the teachers name so stopped to ask her if she was related to...She said yes but we got divorced 6 years ago. Oops, next subject!
Before class it was very cold (class starts at 8PM) and all the stupid teenagers had on windbreakers or those half sweater that they think are so cute. Some even had on flip flops. They were all shivering and blowing their noses....heee heee. I may have looked dorky in my mountain man coat, but I was warm as toast! The class before us didn't get out and didn't get out. Finally I went in and said we were waiting, so the other class was let out. You'd think someone would have thanked me, but NOOOOO. They were all afraid to even look at me with my 02 on. It was sounding really loud out there in the quiet cold air. No one even sat by me when we got in. But if I stay in this class, they'll want to sit by me soon enough when they find out that I already know most all from this class! I'm going to try to get into Sign II at the Norco campus of Riverside Comm. College. Then maybe I can go on to III. Novel idea...how many schools can you take I and II at?

So that's it for me. I'm having lunch at the quilt show tomorrow and Friday with my sister. She makes the coolest quilts. Me, I do real good at snuggling in them! All summer I complain the quilt she made for our bed is too hot, too heavy. Well not now!! And the cats like it too.
So, off to make Kelly's lunch, do meds and treatments and try to get up early tomorrow. Yick. I hate early!!!
Good night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well sweet pea, it's about time you have a little of what I get to deal with every winter.... tee hee.

Ours is just melting off, and the biggest storm yet.

What is this global warming CA getting snow?????

Jeri

Anonymous said...

Hi Snow Bunny Cousin,

Pretty crazy weather, indeed! We've been under a blanket of snow here for some time now in WA state, and the temps have been below zero ... Yep, it's berrrrry brrrrrrrry, but it's not entirely unusual for us in January. (Now YOU folks down yonder ... THAT'S unusual!) I'm dealing with it in the way I always do ... I'm putting on a layer (or two!) of fat. A good book; a cuppa tea; and a gajillion cookies always does it for me!

Hoping you're continuing well -- Donna said you looked and sounded great at cousin's lunch. Yaaay!

Love you lots,
Kim