Monday, November 20, 2006

Yipeee

Well as of December 1st, Kelly will no longer be working in Anaheim. He was offered the job in Azusa, with a raise I might add, and will start on Dec. 4th. I am so so happy for him. His immediate boss is not working this week, so he told the next boss up and the man had virtually nothing to say. He didn't ask why Kelly is leaving, if they can do anything to keep him...nothing. He told about his time at Azusa in the 70's..,,yea so?
I'm just so excited. Drive time cut by over half, a boss that really wants Kelly to be there and close to home in case I need him. Yipee!
I think it will be a perfect fit and from there he can start moving up the ladder. Yes I'm talking in years, but hey, it takes time.

As for me, I'm still trying to get us healthy. Last week I walked 3 out of 7 days. Not too good, but better than usual. I walked 2/3's of a mile on Monday and Tuesday and one mile on Thursday.
Today I walked one mile also. The problem with the walking is I get so tired when I get home I just want to sit. Kelly cooked dinner tonite. We had whole wheat pasta with organic pasta sauce, no sugar, no fats. We also had sautaed (?)mushrooms in Pam cooking spray. I have to say, it wasn't as flavorful as Paul Newman's or mushrooms in butter, but we'll get used to it and maybe doctor it up a bit. I don't know much to cook for dinner that is good for you so I'm just doing a little at a time. Breakfast is easy and I"m not up long enough for lunch and dinner. I make Kelly's lunch and other than his peanut butter, it's a really good lunch. He's also cut his coffee down from about 10 cups a day to 2 or 3. His heart should be happy.

Other than that not much. Having Thanksgiving at Lynn's. We're going the Marie Calander box dinner. We went to the actual restraunt last year and it was really good, so this year we'll have left overs. Guess that day will blow our healthy eating plan right out of the water!
I'll have to walk more!

So now, I have to go iorn. Such a fun life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In all fairness, I would bet the boss/boss really didn't know what to say and simply shared his experience with him about a place he enjoyed working. I would also bet his boss did try and do what he could to make your hubby happy but by then the damage was done. But again, I'm just guessing.

It's good to hear fatty is eating better and cutting down on the coffee. Next it time to do something more physical than walking to Frys everyday.

#1Fan

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Congratulations to Kelly on the new job, and congratulations to you on your walking/healthy eating program! It's all good!

Hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving ~ Enjoy every morsel; for on Friday, we ALL diet again!

xoxo, Kim (Washington)