Monday, November 13, 2006

What is Blogging good for?

Hmmmm, let's see. Blogging is good for venting, so you don't have to yell and scream, or cry, or rant and rave. Guess that's the same as yelling and screaming. Blogging is good for keeping up with everyone without having to write 45 separate emails, or run up your phone bill.
Blogging is an easy way for people to check on you without them having to email or run up a phone bill. And blogging is a good way to kill time! Which is what I'm doing right now.

So in my last message I ask what is omentum? Well, for all those who wanted to know, it is a tissue type stuff, under the fat on the surface of your belly, under the muscle of your belly, that holds on to fat. It is that look of men who are 7 months pregnant. Hard, round, fat. yick!
I learned about this from Dr. Oz, on Oprah of all shows. I don't usually watch it but I like Dr. Oz so I tuned in. I even recorded it and watched it again with Kelly. I saw the continued story on Discovery Health. And I got the book.

Kelly and I are trying to eat healthy. Lucky for us neither of us has to lose 10 inches around our waist, as the people in the show do, so it's more about eating healthy. The book talks about how it's your waist size that is more important than the scale. For women your waist should be under 32 1/2. For men, under 36. I'll check my facts to make sure that is right. But it's about learning to eat in such a way that you don't have to obsess about eating. About learning to turn on the chemicals that tell you you're full. Did you know Fructose actually shuts that off, so even if you eat a ton of junk with fructose, you'll still think you're hungry? I'm the queen of fructose!

For me, I have to improvise a bit though, because I can't lose any weight. So I am eating a bit more stuff with fat than would be recommended, and yes, even some stuff with sugar. Lucky for me I don't gain a ton of weight, cuz I love sugar. But now I know how to turn it off and not eat the entire bag of marshmallows.

We also have to incorporate exercise. That will be easier for me than Kelly. He hates it. I started today by starting to walk again. I walked 2/3 of a mile, it took me 20 minutes. I'd like to cut that down, but it's the muscles I'm looking for. I'll try to do my girly girl push ups later. I also did a lot of house work today like laundry, and vacuuming the furniture in the front room, cleaning the front room and the kitchen. . So my arms are already tired. I think that's good.

Other than that, not much. May have to start IV's. Feeling a lot out of breath just walking around the house. It makes doing everything harder. But I'm going to persist! I have to call the doc's tomorrow. Looking forward to a funny movie tomorrow, Stranger than Fiction and cousin lunch on Wednesday. Wednesday is also our 9th wedding anniversary...yahoo! Amazing how time flies. I'm so happy to have Kelly in my life, even if he doesn't do house work, hee eheee.
He's kind and funny and he makes me laugh. He takes care of me when needed and listens and goes to get me bananas on the weekends or cotton candy at the computer fair. I couldn't ask for a better guy for me. Love you Kelly! (don't tell my number one fan, he'll be sad)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo Hooo! (sad look) I can't believe your still with that Fat, Lazy, computer geek of a husband. If you dump him and marry me I'll treat you like a queen, the queen of Upland!
Get off your ass fatty and get to the gym or I'll steel your woman!

#1Fan

Anonymous said...

Carol,
Do you have a VCR? If so, I'm bringing you an exercise tape on Tuesday which you will think at first is meek and mild (it isn't), but it will build muscle and stamina. It's for men, too, Kelly! See for yourself whether it's for you. Today was fun, wasn't it? Yummy cupcakes.
Cousin Merle