Monday, November 27, 2006

Getting ready for Thursday

Nope, not Thanksgiving, that was last Thursday. I am going for my transplant eval this Thursday. I'm so stressed. I don't actually think about it and stress out, but I've had insomnia for a week now even with melatonin, valerian root and 3 benedryl. About 4:30 or 5 am, there I am staring at the ceiling and wondering if I should just get up and read or continue to lay there.

So everyone cross your fingers for me, that all my tests say I qualify, but that for now I'm too healthy! Those of you out there reading this, and you know who you are, who has had a lobe removed and are smoking again, stop it! You don't want to do this too. Others of you out there who have no idea what I'm talking about...well, yell at him for smoking! ( and say a little star light start bright...for me!)

Kelly and I were walking this weekend, and this other couple were standing still so we passed them. The guy looks at us then taps his girlfriend and tilts his head our way. She looks and he says that's the most romantic thing I've ever seen. I guess he was talking about Kelly carrying my 02 while we walk. It is kinda romantic. We are literally "tubed" together! But it is also embarrassing! Oh well, at least he didn't say that's sick or something.

Turkey day we went to Lynn's and Denny's. We had boxed dinner from Marie Calendar's. So good and so much easier than cooking from scratch! Lynn had everything ready soon after we got there. I just ate and felt fat..for then and the next two days! I can hardly wait for xmas food.
For those who read this, yes xmas eve is at Lynn's. Invitations will go out soon. We're going to have spaggetti and garlic bread, how's that? And of course everyone needs to bring dessert!

So I guess that's all, just trying to keep up. I am so tired after not sleeping that I don't get much done but I'm trying!

I loved the rain, but want more of it. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. Bow to the left , bow to the right...thank you. Good thing you can't hear me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol,
Was just on my way to bed early for a change when I decided to check your blog. You just posted a few seconds before, so yes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you qualify for the transplant when you go tomorrow, but you will be much too healthy for it just now.
Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Thursday! Of course you should be stressed - if you weren't it would mean you didn't understand how big this is. Stay healthy, don't over do it.
Love ya!
Joyce
PS Congrats to Kelly on the new job! Super cool!

Anonymous said...

Nervous yet?
(pause)

Nervous yet?
(pause)

Nervous yet?
(pause)

#1Fan

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping all goes well. I think with all of this exercise and healthy eating you will be much too healthy for any transplant for a long time to come, but being on the list will be a good thing.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Anxiously awaiting news of what's what ... We hope everything went well in your meetings with the doctors and medical folks, and that "it's all good".

Much love, Kim and family