Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My little world

Well, tomorrow was supposed to be cousin lunch. I've been working on the yard for two weeks, I've cleaned carpets and windows, (only 2) and I've cleaned house. But now there is no lunch!! Some people are sick, some have other appointments or engagements. We're going to try again next Wednesday. So, I have to watch for errant weeds for another week? I went out tonite and threatened the front yard that if weeds grew I'd just let everything die. I think the yard knew I was bluffing! Nothing like the motivation to get off my tush and keep the house clean! I think we should keep postponing for a few more weeks. I'd really get things done! I may just go ahead and make that desert tonite anyway, and eat it all myself. yummm

Kelly is doing better. He has resigned himself to the new position. He'll keep looking for new job opportunities, but until that happens he'll do the best he can with the new job. My sister brought over some books for Kelly to have on the matrix system and Kelly is learning as much as he can about it. He's a better man than I am. I'd be sulking still.

Saw Lynn last night. She and Kelly and I went out to eat and she helped me figure out how to put thread on a bobbin. It looks so easy after she did it. She just had her hair done yesterday. Man it looked so pretty. I wish I had her hair. I wouldn't know what to do with more than my six hairs. She should be on some shampoo commercial.

Other than that not much going on. I have a dentist appt on Thursday, my nails on Friday and my hair on Saturday. I'll be a new woman. Hope two days in a row of breathing chemicals doesn't cause an adverse reaction!

Oh, I also am participating in a Leaf Pals group. A woman I know is a teacher for a 3rd grade class. She does a leaf project each fall where the kids are hooked up with an adult pen pal who tells them about their state and sends leaves for the entire class. I don't know what they do with the leaves but I think it helps them share about their project. I have to find 32 leaves, preferably after they turn colors (yea right) and press them, huh? and then send them along with other goodies such as maps and info to the child. I'll also get letters from the child telling me about them. It should be fun. If any of you have great tree leaves and know the name of the tree let me know! I don't know the names of the trees on our street. And ours don't really turn colors, they more likely just die. I will have till the end of October to send them out. Before that will be letters and the other stuff I send. Maybe I'll go the the mountains and get pine needles too. The class is in Arizona, what kinds of stuff don't they have in Arizona that I could send?
I'll take all suggestions. I want my kid to have the coolest project!

So, I guess that's it. Bye

No comments: