Tuesday, June 27, 2006

You can call me Mrs. Director

Well, I got the notice that I was voted in as a Director for the United States Association for Cystic Fibrosis Adults, Board of Directors. Now I just need to know what the heck I'm supposed to do!
I did find out that they pay for the CFRI conference, that's cool. If I had known I was going to apply and that they pay for the flight, hotel and conference fee's if you get voted in, I wouldn't have used the last of Kelly's frequent flyer miles. But they are going to pay for the hotel and conference fee's. That will help so much. They pay for spouses also, but the spouses have to work. They have to serve food at the meals, as people with CF can't touch serving utensils, salt and pepper shakers, water pitchers, all for cross infection purposes. He'll also have to help with setting up and tearing down some of the conference stuff. We practiced at Coco's the other day when I made him pepper my food! Hee heee heee. I'll be playing this for all it's worth!

I was helping at Lynn's today, organizing her kitchen. I had fun, yes I know I'm weird. I think I made it much more efficient. I've decided she definately needs kitchen stuff, serving bowls, a new coffee pot, towels. I think everyone should get to have a old house shower every ten years so we can all get new kitchen stuff! That would be a fun tradition. But we'd spend so much on buying stuff for everyone's party that we might as well buy our own. Although it is more fun to buy and receive gifts than to restock your own kitchen!

So now I'm wooped. I'm going to go sit on my keishter and watch tv.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new executive position. After we see The Devil Wears Prada you'll know how to act and what to wear for your new career! How exciting little cousin. Oh, I mean Mrs. Director!!
Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new position! Maybe you can get us a discount at the snack bar at the movies on Friday! Let's give it a try!!!
See you then, don't let this go to your head and show up in a tiarra or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We'll give Kelly a chance to improve his serving skills on Saturday.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

My oh my! Congratulations! You'll bring your own brand of creativity and insight and compassion and feistiness to this wonderful organization, and you'll stretch your personal boundaries in so many different ways -- It's ALL good! What wonderful news! xoxo, Kim