Friday, June 30, 2006

Is it winter yet?

Oh my gosh, it is so hot I think I'm going to die! I went shopping today. I made it to all of one store. I couldn't believe how many people were at Victoria Gardens, outside. I guess people are a lot tougher than me!
Nothing much to say except I'm not feeling too great. Haven't for several days now. Using my 02 a lot more and doing more breathing treatments. My blood sugars are off the charts. In the 5 and 400's. Then I finally got it to 250 and for days couldn't get it below that. Then tonite out with Kelly of course I crash. It was at 60. Had some cake. Still felt bad. It was at 40. Had a candy bad and some soda. Two hours later it's at 318. Here we go again.

I figure if I can just make it 7 more days, then I go back on the study drug and hopefully it'll help the infection so I can breathe better and less infection will help me get my sugars back in control. It's so very annoying.

Anyway, I wish it was December and raining and cold. Yep I need to move to Washington!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your room in Washington awaits you, any time :o). Darn it all ... fluctuating blood sugars and increased O2 usage? I know this is certainly not what you'd anticipated at this time (or any time, for that matter). I'm hoping for your relief over these next few days, until you can begin the drug study again. I know you've been busy with helping prepare for the open house -- Maybe now you can try to rest, relax and take things a little more slowly? Looking so forward to seeing you soon! xoxo, Kim