Friday, June 23, 2006

A nice week

Hi all,
Boy I had a really nice week. My friend Joyce from Austin Texas came out this week.
She is always one person that while we don't see each other too often, or even keep up with our emails for that matter, when we get together it is as if we see each other all the time. No awkward pauses, no lack of things to talk about. It's so nice.
I'm sure she had an agenda that I totally messed up! She wanted to help me out, make food to put in the freezer, clean house... But I was feeling good so I drug her all over the place, took her to cousin lunch (and it was a big one this time!!, 18 people.) I got to see my cousin Scott that I haven't seen in 30 years. That's sad. I met his wife and their kids. What nice people. Anyway, I took her to Lynn's house, took her to the mall. I cooked once and we wanted to take her out to eat once and she cooked once. That's about all we managed to get done together. I did make her eat about 100 more times at really cool places like Del Taco and Weinerschnitzel (sp?). Sorry Joyce! The dinner she made was really great. I can't remember the name but I remember how she made it. And Kelly liked it so now I have to cook it! Darn!

While I was sleeping, Joyce was also a very busy girl. She cleaned out shelves in my garage that I had been meaning to clean for ages. She fixed a sprinkler problem we were having (of course requiring that we go to Orchard 25 times) and she cleaned off the entire patio, with water, and spray painted the old ratan chairs and table bottom so they'd match the white wicker. She also recovered the patio chair seats.

But today was a sad day. Joyce had to leave...and she had to leave with 15 stitches in her leg. She was putting the patio back together and the glass table top fell and cut her leg in two places. She comes in and quietly wakes me up....Carol, we need to go to ER.
Yikes! I felt so bad. I could care less about the table, I was so worried about her leg. It didn't bleed too much but was sure deep, about 3/4 inch. They had to put stitches inside then outside. It was interesting to watch, but I'd just as soon not repeat. I haven't talked to her since she got home, but I hope no one bumped her leg on the flight or that hanging it down for so long didn't cause too much pain. Because we all know how Southwest has oh so much room between seats!

I want Joyce to move to California! Maybe some day. Kelly was calling Joyce, Joycie like I do. I don't think my brain can call her Joyce. Kelly thought Joycie was her real name. :) He was even like, she was here all week and I wasn't all wanting her to leave! We've had some guests that by mid week, we're done! Anyway, I so appreciate all she did for me. She was so mad at herself for getting hurt because she wanted to clean the house before I got up and vacum while I was in the shower. Ha, no extra work for you! And I got to be useful for a couple of hours. When I was pushing her in the wheelchair she just shook her head and said now isn't this ironic. Kinda funny once she was ok.

Kelly came home from work after I called him from the hospital. He cleaned up all the glass and told Joyce the bad news is now that the table is broke, we're going to get a new set and all that spray painting was for nothing. What a brat! I was teasing him that he used Joyce to get off of work early. But I was suprised, well not suprised but my heart felt all squishy that he was truly concerned for her and didn't want our house guest to be doing anything while she was hurt. He wanted to help. He kept saying how bad he felt. I kept telling him, and Joyce, it was just an accident. But I felt horrible for Joyce too. It didn't hurt too much she said, I just hope that continues.

Joycie if you're out there I hope you are still ok and that Paul lets you come back!

But we wouldn't want TOO much good news. So I had a nice medium size bleed tonite, just to calm the tone down around here. I'm thinking that I can be all normal....not, says my body. Baugh humbug. We'll see about that.
See Joyce, stubborn it is!

Tomorrow is tea with Michelle, Liz and I don't know who else. Sunday I'm helping my sister with some organizing, which is my thing you know. Need to shop this week, party coming up! And Wednesday a lunch with my friend Shannon. Busy, busy. I like that. Think I'll squeeze in a movie or two also. Hmmmm.
I'll sleep on Thursday!

Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time you and Joyce/ie must've had (except for that pesky gash/slash to her poor leg)! As we say in the South, "Bless her heart!"

Hoping your bleeding episode did its thing and doesn't return for a long while. (Well, really, it can just stay away forever.)

Rec'd Lynn and Denny's invitation -- Sure wish I was going to be there for the celebration!

See you in a little less than three weeks! xoxo, Kim

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed meeting Joyce at the cousin's lunch. It was quite a crowd there and afterwards too! I hope her leg is ok, hopefully she got some special attention from the find folks at Southwest. Looking forward to seeing you and Kelly at the reception/housewarming.
Take care and don't overdo so you will be in good shape to have a great time also!
See you Saturday,
Carrie