Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Feeling better

So, I'm feeling better, emotionally and physically. I worked in the yard Monday evening and trimmed a row of overgrown plant in the back yard. No power tools needed, but it was still hard work for me. But I did it! And I went shopping today for 2 hours without any 02. I took it with me, but when I went to turn it on the air pressure all left so I couldn't get any 02. But I did ok.
Crashed once and had to go get a cookie, oh darn, and then back to shopping. I found some nice summer clothes. Tomorrow I'm going to get more!

My point is, I'm gaining some strength. A month ago in the grocery store, the boxes of bananas were on the floor. So I squatted down to get some bananas and with the weight of the 02 on my back, I couldn't get up. How humiliating. I had to grab the counter and try to pull myself up. Today, I was able to squat down, wearing the 02, and then get up without aid of a counter to pull myself up on. I am feeling more comfortable carrying heavy objects for a short distance. I think I can walk further. So I'm getting better..

I ran into one of my ex sister in laws today. She seemed suprised to see me. I was a bit embarrassed as I don't like people whom I haven't seen in a long time to catch me wearing 02. Oh well. She said she was shopping there to relax, but after we talked I think sh jetted out the door. Chicken!

Let's see, what else? Oh, I applied for the USACFA. I found out I can't apply for Catharine's position. I have to be a "director" for a year first. So, ok, I apply for that. Then I find out I need to send an actual resume, not a letter. Shoot, I haven't had a resume for 14 years. I haven't worked in 8 years, my how time flies, and then had my job for 6 years before that. I don't even remember what to put on a resume. Won't it look bad with 8 years of nothing? Plus, I can't really put what my goal is, or my understanding of the job is, as I have no idea! I just figured they'd tell me what to do and I'd do it. I have looked on the website and no where does it say what directors do. Kelly said he'd help me with the resume...hmmmmm

Think that's about it. Joycie is coming on Monday. I'm so excited. I got to see her last summer, but only for a few hours. It's been a lot of years since we spent any real time together. I went to Texas for her 40th birthday, but I was so sick I was no fun what so ever!! So hopefully we'll do some stuff that's fun. Saturday Michele, Jill and Helen are coming out for dinner. I think we'll go out. Where to go? And that my friends is my life. Not too exciting, but not too bad!

And my number one fan isn't an ass for saying "nice to see you" to Ken at the funeral. It's just one of those things. Funerals are hard and your mouth sometimes just says stuff. The people in line before us asked Ken if he'd be at work next week...Peggy was apalled and said are you joking? The man just stammered, oh, I forgot. Where the heck did HE think he was?

So things are good. Hopefully for a long while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are good! (And yes, may they be for a long, long while!) Can't wait to see you in less than a month!

xoxo, Kim

Debbie said...

Hey....just wanted to say I am glad to hear things are progressing well for you. I have done exactly what you do. Measure my improvements by how much I can carry, walk, or do without o2. It gets better bit by bit. Keep up the good work!
Hugs,
Debbie