Wednesday, June 07, 2006

6/6/6

It's been a busy day. I've tried to keep myself as busy as possible because if I don't, I find myself crying. So I went to two movies today. First, The Break Up. Not so good. Much too true to life. I grew up hearing and watching fighting, so it was't too fun. Not as much of a comedy as it presents on the previews. But it was nice to have to get up and get ready to do something. Then I went to the grocery store, had dinner with Kelly and went to see the Omen tonite. Darcie and I were going to see it at 7, but it was sold out. We ended up hanging out for a few hours and then went to see it at 9:45. It was really nice to hang out. We went to eat, talked and then to the movie. I couldn't believe the idiots who brought kids. Babies were crying, but at least they weren't old enough to be frightened. Then there were 5 thru 10 year olds there. What kind of parents bring young children to the Omen? I hope they get no sleep for the next two weeks becasue of the kids nightmares. It serves them right. Although I would hope the kids wouldn't have to suffer thru nightmares.

Anyway, now it's after 12 and I have to do all my night time stuff. Hope I don't have nightmares :) My kitties and Kelly will keep the boogyman away.

So during this day of trying not to think, I did anyway. I have decided to try to volunteer for Catharine's position on the Roundtable news paper. It is a news letter for CF adults, by CF adults. I've written a couple of article for it before. She was the corresponding secretary. I don't even know what it envolves, but I will try to do it. I will never be as good as Catharine was no matter what the job is but I'll try. I wrote to the person who founded the paper, a wonderful woman I met a couple of years ago. She said it is a great idea and that I need to send a brief resume to the current president. So I'll do that tomorrow. I hope if I hold the position I will do what ever it is in as good a fashion as I can to help me hold on to the memory ofCatharine. Does that make any sense? Elections are in August at the CFRI conference which I think Kelly and I are going to.

The funeral is Saturday. I just ran out of things to say. I'm sitting here blankly staring at the monitor so I think I'll quit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin,

Good for you, for wishing to pursue working on the CF newsletter, and for feeling inspired and compelled to honor Catharine and LIFE in such an endeavor. Go girl!! This is the stuff that is positive and vital on so many levels.
xoxo, Kim (WA)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin,

Good for you, for wishing to pursue working on the CF newsletter, and for feeling inspired and compelled to honor Catharine and LIFE in such an endeavor. Go girl!! This is the stuff that is positive and vital on so many levels.
xoxo, Kim (WA)

Anonymous said...

Carol, this is a great idea. You're smart as hell and this is something to use your intelligence on other than Kelly and the kitties. And they will be relieved, too! Sorry about the movie, we were so looking forward to it, but isn't this how it's been going for us lately? See ya soon.
Cousin Merle