Friday, April 21, 2006

The good news or the bad news?

Hi, I haven't posted for a while, so there is a lot to say. I figured I could do two entries. The first one will be the good news, and there is actually quite a bit of it. Let's see, Easter weekend, that is a good place to start. On Saturday my sister came and got me and we went to eat, I finally got my nails done thank goodness, Lynn had a pedicure, then we went back home to do IV's. Then we went to the fabric store and got some stuff to make me a large bag to carry all my junk in. It was kinda late by then, oh, we went to a Rite aid too and Lynn got me vitamins and stuff, so we ran out of time and didn't get the bag made, but some other day. I move slow, takes a chunk out of the day. For the most part I did ok. Lot's of coughing, but I made it.

Easter, Lynn and Denny came over. They brought ham and rolls and yummy strawberry cheesecake over. We had smushed potatoes and veggies too. I think I ate enough for 3 people. I always eat an 8pm snack and a midnight snack: not on that day. Sharyn got here about 5:30 and ate a little, but I think she was just sick of driving!

Sharyn had her little doggies with her, so they stayed out in the back yard and slept in the car. They seemed ok with it. They would cry occasionally, they didn't understand why they were left outside all alone! One cat just stayed in the bedroom and stuck her nose in the air. The other had to come out and growl just to make sure they knew whose house it was! No major conflicts. The dogs were so cute, Kelly had fun playing with them and I talked to them too. On Thursday evening I was sitting outside with the dogs and one went to sleep on my lap and the other was playing with me. They're so cute!

The week went by and I began to feel better. By Tuesday I was feeling so much better. I am not needing 02 all the time, am not feeling like I need to sleep all the time, though I am sleeping a lot at night. But I'm sleeping without waking up for many hours, it's so cool. My aunt cleaned the entire house, changed sheets, did laundry, even pulled clover while she was out with the dogs. She did more before I crawled out of bed than I do all day. I would say "ah, youth" but she's not younger than me. Ah, healthy people! She called and we got some interviews for house cleaners set up, had one already. So things are getting done and that is such a relief.
We at least got to go out to eat a couple of times. Poor Sharyn, I get up so late then want to go eat around 3. So she'd go with me, then we'd need dinner for Kelly around 5:30. Of course I can eat again, but I think I over loaded Sharyn with food a couple of days! We drove around and found her old apartment in a little part of Upland that I didn't even know existed and her first apt was still there. But other than that I did a lot of sitting.

Sharyn left today. She wanted to stay another day, but I really wanted her to have a day at home before she had to go back to work. She really worked a lot here, stayed up late and got up early.
If you read this Sharyn, thank you so very much.I don't think I can ever say how much I appreciate it.

Tonite Kelly and I went to eat, so much for home cooked, Sharyn where are you?..and are just going to sit tonite. I'm going to a CF family education day tomorrow. I'm speaking on the adult panel. Not really speaking, just answering any questions that are asked. I'm not going to stay for the whole day...I'm supposed to be at home so I'll keep it short. Hopefully my doc, who will be there, won't get mad at me!

So, it's been a pretty good week. I am feeling better and hope to get even better. But for the little glitch...stay tuned for part 2 of The good news or the bad news?

Oh and by the way...my number one fan is the best fan in the whole wide world. I don't think I could exist without him!!!! Love you honey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling better. We missed you on Wednesday, I think the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding would have made you feel much better! Take it easy and let your #1 fan pamper you!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Get lots of rest and watch as many movies as humanly possible until your eyes are shooting sparks! Let me know when you need a new supply 'cause there are plenty more where they came from.
Cousin Merle