Friday, April 14, 2006

a good blog, see I knew it could happen

Well, well well. I told you I'd have a good blog to write some day and here it is already.
I broke down today and ask my aunt who lives in Oregon if she could come down to stay for a bit and help me. She had offered a few weeks ago but of course I said no, I didn't need any help. But knowing what Kelly is going thru and knowing I just can't keep up my end of the deal right now I ask her for help. Ok, really Kelly made me promise I'd ask. I didn't want to. It makes me cry to think I have to have help with things as small as house work and preparing food and getting to doc appts. But she quickly said yes and is leaving tomorrow morning. She is driving down so she can drop her puppies off at a friends house in No. Ca. I know she is not used to huge traffic, I hope she'll be ok. I am so grateful, I cried again. Been doing a lot of that lately.

Then my sister called. She is going to come over tomorrow and help me even if all I have energy for is getting some food and walking. You know you have to walk me like a dog now. But she's going to bring her sewing machine and teach me (or kill me cuz I'm a dummie) to make a quilted bag. She was going to teach me to make a quilt but I really need a bag cuz I have to carry so much stuff around all the time and I don't have enough hands. So if I have energy after lunch and a walk and finally getting my nails done, we'll work on the bag. We can get the guest room clean too for Sharyn.

I got in trouble cuz I don't ask for help. I told her I know she's too busy, she has a job, a house, two horses.. but she said for me she'd find the time. For me! Ok, cry again.
Even now. And then later Lynn, (my sister) called again. I had told her not to plan Easter, I'm too tired to go anywhere. She and Denny called from the grocery store and said they would bring Easter to us. So we'll have yummy food! I hope she gets jelly beans or marshmallow eggs, my favorites, peeps, circus peanut bunnys, white chocolate bunnies...wow, I've missed all that being sick. I usually buy Easter candy for weeks before Easter!

So there it is. The cavalry has arrived and probably would have sooner if I wasn't so stubborn. But like I said, I don't have much left to base my life on so I want to be able to do everything here. I guess I'll be dropping my class again...I'll never get past sign II. What's kinda scary now, I feel better tonite than I have in a while. Not "all better" but not so sick. Maybe the relief of knowing that I'm getting help. By the time my aunt comes or my sister, they're going to wonder what all the fuss was about, and smack me! But that's ok.
So, off to do another breathing treatment. Maybe the vest? ick.

Smiles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are going to get some help. You know you have lots of us who are close by who would come in a minute if you call! Don't hesitate! I know you will be able to relax now knowing that you are not going to have to worry so much about taking care of your home and you can just take care of yourself. I will be looking forward to seeing your beautiful bag (maybe there will be a future on the Home Shopping Network?) and if you don't get enough Easter candy, just let me know, Dennis likes those yucky dried up marshmallowy bunnies and chicks (!). Get some rest and stop worrying about everyone else, and concentrate on getting better! Be good on your walk, no biting the neighbor kids!
Love,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Carol, I still have all those movies in a sack ready to bring over whenever you're ready to watch them. Give me a call or email and I'll drop them over so you can have something to watch while you rest. Merle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!
Wonderful news to read your most recent entries -- Tears and joy; emotions overflowing and a full (and achy) heart. I am so glad to hear that your aunt is on her way!

I stumbled upon this meaningful quote yesterday, spoken by the recently departed beloved Rev. Wm. Sloane Coffin:

"Hope is a state of mind independent of the state of the world" (or, the body). "So if your heart is full of hope, you can be persistent when you can't be optimistic. You can keep the faith despite the evidence, knowing that only in so doing has the evidence any chance of changing. So while I'm not optimistic, I'm always very hopeful."

Keep the faith and the hope, cousin dear, and I pledge you that we all are doing so, too.

Love always, (Washington) Cousin Kim