Saturday, May 12, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was the best day I've had since, well... since. I genuinely felt good and happy. Not in a manic way like "I'm going to be happy if it kills me". But I felt centered, grounded and focused. I thought I'd just share that with everyone because the last post seemed kind of bleak. I am amazed ever day about this process of loss. The process of losing love is equal to having it. Simply amazing. For me anyway. From what everyone says, it's different for everyone.

Some of you may or may not know that a friend of mine died six days after Carol. I am very close now with his wife, Jess. In all of this, it is nice to know I'm not alone with the loss. We talk and hang out a lot. For awhile we thought about getting T-Shirts made that say "It sucks to be Us." I was told about a service called the Grief Recovery Institute. I looked it up and checked it out. I talked to Jess about it and we both signed up. It is for three days in Sherman Oaks on the 22 June. We both are committed to getting through this. We both don't want to be the person who 5 years later, can't walk down a Hallmark isle in a food store. We both want to continue living life and enjoying everything it has to offer.

I've been exercising, sleeping better, praying, meditating, writing in a journal, and staying close to friends. I'm not sure which one is working to help me so I think I'll keep doing all of it. My gratitude goes out to everyone who has called, email, and come over to check on me. I may not return your call but know that it helps a lot.

Well, I'm not as good as Carol at blogging but I try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

How good it was to read your thoughts in today's entry -- Thanks for sharing these steps with us all. We're so glad to hear of what you're doing/thinking as you move towards healing and renewed communion. Little bit, by little bit ... One day at a time. I imagine Carol's spirit resting in your heart and sitting on your shoulder; encouraging you to honor and express your heart's sorrow;and to keep on keepin' on, with new depths and awarenesses.

Love, Kim (WA)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
What a touching sentiment you wrote today. It totally brought tears to my eyes... It's funny how you, too, feel that you aren't a great blogger. Carol used to say that a lot, yet you shared from the heart just as she always did. I'm sure she'd have appreciated today's entry... the birthday one too, for that matter. I know I did. I'm really proud of you and the attempts at living you are still making.
With Lots of Love,
Cambria