Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Wicked

The title sounds like I'm going to talk about something mean and wicked...but I'm not!

The play was wonderful!! It was almost as good as in New York. I have to say almost because it was, well, in New York. The whole night went well. We got there really early so we got to park right across a small street and because of my handicap placard we got to park right up front. Then we got inside and yikes, no elevators and my tickets were for up in the top. But Lynn carried my oxygen and we just took a little at a time. The seats were great, the audience quiet (I'm used to movies where no one can shut up) and the show was wonderful! I forgot how funny Galinda was. I think the set was identical, if not close to what I saw before. We laughed, got goosebumps, a little teary eyed and a big smile at the end.

The usher lady was very helpful in getting us in before everyone else and letting me go first in the bathroom line. I had to laugh at that, my lungs are broke, not my bladder! But Lynn said there were benefits to going out with me, parking up front, first in bathroom lines...see she rolled my oxygen so that she had to go in first with me too, heee heeee, sneaky. We were trying to figure out how we could get to be first in the snack line, but that didn't happen. Darn. I was hungry!

It was funny on the way home that Lynn said Galinda reminded her of me in high school. I was all "WHAT?" I was smart and was not popular and was nothing like Galinda. We were laughing. Funny how you think you are and how others see you.

On the way home we were starving, but there was no where to go. My mission is to find a Denny's by Lynn's house, or what?, a Coco's, are they open late? So I had to come home and scrounge the fridge and there was nothing there either.

The next day Kelly and I just hung out. We were both tired, it had been a really long week. So we took a nap and I was thinking it was total bliss even if just for a few minutes. Kelly and I were resting, snuggled together and he fell asleep with that little puffeling snore, Carrie was asleep on my pillow with her head resting on my head. The blankets were warm, nothing really needed to be done, ahhhhhh.

So that was my weekend. A perfect weekend with the people I love. (Yes Carrie Carrie is a people, just a furry four legged one)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

Glad you enjoyed Wicked (again) with no mishaps even though you had to climb those stairs!! Nice that you and Lynn were able to enjoy a sisters' evening. See ya tomorrow at 12 for 23.

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you had a great time at the theater with the only drama being on the stage! You deserve a nice evening out with Lynn and even some perks for being the special person you are! I don't remember napping with you and Kelly, but it sounds nice, and hey what is that about my furry legs??? It's winter, who shaves their legs??????? Just kidding.
Love,
Carrie (human and future g-ma!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your "loverly" weekend with your blog-fans. So glad you had such wonderful moments with folks you love!!

xoxo, Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly we are going to see Wicked on April 4th. Hope you are feeling ok. I just spent two weeks in Cedars Sinai Medical center. I almost forgot how it felt to be in hospital that long. I had a terrible case of C-Diff. Anyway we will have to get together soon.
Love ya,Mike&Sandra