Thursday, August 24, 2006

Things are going well

So far so good. No more problems since Friday. I've worked in the yard last night and tonite. I got one planter completely cleaned out, only 3 more to go in the front yard. I had a company come out to give me an estimate of how much to clean up the front and back, fix the automatic sprinkler thing, you know, the thing, and to trim all the trees and bushes. The cost, $1000. I about fainted. But I told them I'd call them back and let them know. I never called back. So I'm trying to do what I can and Kelly will do the mowing and edging and the top parts of the climbing roses this weekend.

Then he leaves for Vandenberg on Sunday for two weeks for work. I'm a tad bit nervous about that. But I'll get thru it. I don't know if I'll do any more working in the yard while he's gone. I don't want to push it with no one home!

So this is short and sweet. No problems health wise. Yahoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, I must be up as late as you are because I just noticed that your blog said that it's now 8/24, 43 minutes past yesterday.

Hey, did you read my "e-mail" about someone I'd like you to consider as A helpER for you - FREE! Since you said on your blog today that Kelley's going away for two weeks, Hum, I thought this could be timely.

I hope I didn't scare you that Maureen Kennedy is a hospice nurse. She does that nights and takes classes down here (so ca) to earn a degree to work in trama, I think.

Anyway, I'm looking for a temp home for her a "couple nights a week" while shes down for classes, and thought of you.

Check out my email to you of yesterday, it may explain more there about her. She's a wonderful woman and may just be one that the Lord has chosen to give you help with your chores. Maureen said she will help with chores in exchange for a place to stay a couple nights a week; also, she eats like a bird.

Let me know if you have any interest, or else I'll keep looking for a place for her. She's offered to stay with us, but she wants to be nearer to Chino than Nuevo is to Chino (1 hour).

Love you, Linda