Friday, August 18, 2006

P.S.

10:30pm, another bleed. The 4th for today. Larger than the first 3, but not what they would call large. Long...took a while to stop. After a couple of minutes, I got Kelly up to wait with me. Was that wise? Should I call the doc? Should I go out to Orange? Should I sit and wait to see if there are more? What if there are, what then? Can I safely lay down and go to sleep? I'm so nervous.
These aren't the "I'm gonna die" kind. But 4? How big are they going to get?
Deep breath. Just relax. Wait and see. Worry. Hope. Cry. Alone.
I don't want to play any more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time with the bleeds. I have to say that the disappearance of hemoptysis is the best thing about post tx life. Doug had some pretty big bouts with it shortly before he was transplanted. They are such terrifying experiences--in my opinion, the absolute worst part of CF. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Dana and Doug

Anonymous said...

Cousin,

Arghhhh ... We are so sorry to hear that your bleeds have been continuing to recur -- We're hoping you're getting some relief now (i.e., NO more bleeds) and that you've talked with your doctors about what's going on. You're always in our hearts and thoughts and prayers, with much love,
Kim and family

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear that these bleeds are starting again. Try to stay calm by keeping the phone nearby and do things that help you feel relaxed and confortable. I enjoyed talking to you at lunch the other day, you know we are all here and just a phone call away if you need us.
Sending positive thoughts your way!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Carol,

Sorry I haven't checked your blog today to hear about this latest episode. Don has been down with an inner ear problem. If you have any further bleeds, please let your doctor know. Better to be safe than sorry.

Cousin Merle