Saturday, June 03, 2006

not much blogging going on`

It seems like a long time since I've posted. But it's not for a bad reason, it's because nothing is going on. I have been feeling good, running fevers almost every day, but oh well, they are just little any way. I've been doing a little yard work, but today it got so hot, I will be doing very little till, oh, October! I get about an hour at night when it is a bit cooler and that's all I can handle.
I've been doing some house work. Don't need to hire the maid back yet! She did a good job, but I like not paying someone. Oh, I'm cheap!
I'm in the mood to go shopping, in a bad way. But I won't. Or maybe I'll just look...that will always get me in trouble.
So, now I just have to get my tush to the gym, start playing piano, practicing sign and Spanish...and I'll be doing everything I want to. Yikes, I need more hours! I should give up TV, but I love my soaps. Thank goodness for soaps now, there is nothing else on TV. I tivo them and watch them at night when Kelly is sleeping. But then that leaves the weekends. I finally might get to the movies Merle loaned me. I've watched two of them. So far so good. After I get off here, I'm going to watch another one tonite.

So, all is good. Cross your fingers for a long streak of boring posts with nothing bad going on!

Oh, I forgot. Over Memorial weekend, we went to Lynn and Dennys for a bar-b-que. They had the best steak...I ate enough for 3 people. Everyone was laughing at me, because I guess I eat steaks different than everyone else. It was this big ole steak, it had a bone and some fat on one side, so I ate up the middle. Then a little to the left...it had a bit of an "L" in it by the time I was done. I started cracking up when Lynn called it to my attention. I didn't realize...ok, so I'm weird. I used to eat corn on the cob funny to. I'd make a checker pattern by eating every other bite. But I don't do that any more...I'm an adult, humph. My nose is firmly up in the air!
Anyway, we had corn on the cob, garlic bread, a couple salads that I never got to and then watermelon. I ate about 6 servings of that. I am such a cow. Lynn said she hadn't seen me eat like this in a long time...that it was good. I told her yea, and she can buy the new wardrobe!
We are going to try to do this more often. It was fun.

The welcome to her new house and happy getting married party will probably be sometime this month. Toward the end I think. I'll be getting her some out door stuff or some kitchen tea towels and stuff. She needs it! It is so weird to call Denny her husband..it's been so long as her boyfriend. They seem very happy with the new house and with being married. Yahoo! That's the way it should be.

The bad news, my friend Catharine is in the hospital at USC. She is awaiting a lung transplant. She got sick and had to go in and she also has pulmonary hypertension and that is causing huge problmes. I found out today she is in ICU becasue she broke open a bleb. It is a cyst filled with air near the lining of the lung. It pushes air out and can cause a pnuemothorax. For her it didn't but she is in ICU and they are having to keep an eye on her. Today is her 45th birthday. I wish so much there is something I could do. She is getting offers of lobe donors, so I sure hope two of them are a match. She is one of the, if not the, nicest person I know. Her parents are wonderful and supportive and she also just got married a couple of months ago. If you would say a positive word for her to whoever you talk to be it wishing on a star, calling grandma ( or in our family Aunt Mertie) for help. She can use all the help she can get.
Thank you

No comments: