Friday, April 28, 2006

Test strip fiasco

Hi,
I am just wanting to vent here. I am so frustrated I am about to pop a gasket! Now I'm sure that statement shows my age!
In Nov of last year, I was sent a brochure by my prescription company. It was of 4 new glucometers. I was to pick one and get it for free. Because we all know how important testing is.
So i did. It arrived, no problems. In January, I went to my primary to get a prescription for the new lancets and test strips. My insurance insists we use the 3 month mail away program. I've had several problems, but little did I know what was to come. I got my lancets in the mail along with a letter saying they couldn't fill the test strips. Now these prescriptions were written on one piece of paper. They sent it back to me with a letter saying they no longer filled prescriptions for diabetic supplies, as per my husbands employer. What, isn't a lancet a diabetic supply? And my insurance changes on July 1st, not in January, so there had been no changes. So mid January, I call a few times and get the same answers. Some times if you call enough, you'll get someone intelligent. Nope, not this time. So I called my husbands HR person. Who then takes till APRIL. to get it fixed. I can't tell you how many times I repeated the story to her, over and over and she'd come back with some lame answer that had nothing to do with my problem and we'd start again. Funny when I ask who her supervisor was she got it taken care of. So my primary doctor calls and tells me the insurance called to find out what kind of test strips. He says to call the front desk and tell them if what he said on my machine was correct, so he could call the insurance. I called, talked to someone, said yes the doctor has the correct type and told her again just for good measure.
Today the bag filled with 3 months of test strips, to be used at a rate of 4 a day, came. IT HAS THE WRONG KIND!!!!
I'm so very very mad.I guess I have to find out what the doctors office told them and go from there. Do you think I have any test strips left. Uh, no. Actually I have some for the old machine. But this is just absolutely ludicrous.
I'm trying to fiugre out who to yell at first. And this came one day after getting off of IV's that I've been on for a month and then running a temp all day, up to 101.3.
Can you say AHHHHHHHHHH.
Ok, all better for a while.

Take care everyone.
Oh, I got someone to clean the house since I've been struggling so much and guess what? THey broke the radio in my bathroom, tried to hide it and didn't do the front room.
Can you say ERRRR.
Think I'll take some benedryl so I can sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of housecleaners! I have a call in for mine to come back and clean my toilets and stove, items which they forgot when they were three hours late! Also understand they won't do the kind of job you would do yourself. I will call you to find out what kind of test strips you use; I might have some of the right kind.
Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

I say take something stronger than a benedryl...dealing with beaurocracy or idiocracy gives you the right! Nice seeing you tonight, by the way!
From #1 Fan's "College" friend