Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's me, in the club and NOT loving it

Hi anyone and everyone,
Kelly brought me his lap top to use so I can have some contact with the world. It is hard to type with my claws for fingernails...got to get to the salon...for some reason they don't have them here, salon, not claws....anyway, so I get to say hi and let you know what all is going on.

Well, I'm still here in the club and doing better. I got some results back today... the xrays show pnemonia in my right lung, but by now is surely getting better. My tobra levels are too high, which can cause kidney failure or deafness, my protein levels are too low, my sats are still to low for my taste, don't want to be wearing 02 all the time, and we don't have my culture back yet but it is obvious that the drugs are working. So no trip to ICU that's a good thing. They are putting me back on lipids tonite, an extra 1000 calories a night. Can you believe that? Lot's of people live off of 1000 calories a day!

The trip here has been ok. The doctors ok, most of the nurses ok, the rooms, terrible till I got transferred last night and now the room was great and the nurse terrible. I give up. Hopefully tonite will be better, it is shift change so cross your fingers. The food, yikes. My sister came to see me today and brought me some knitting and crochet projects. If I can't figure out how to knit with them, I can at least have something to stab the staff with. Later in the day I got partially dressed so my ID and IV's wouldn't show and we snuck down to the cafeteria. I had the same stuff down there as they send to the rooms, but I swear they put more seasoning in it for the public, plus that getting it hot is a nice thing. I had a big ole chocolate milk. AHhhhh.
Thanks sis.

So now, just looking at a little mail, getting ready for my next IV at 8 I think. Then midnight, then 1 for lipids, then 4am, then back to lipids, no wonder I get no sleep.
I took off my pain patch today, I got it my first day here. So far so good, but my lower back is hurting from all the sitting. But I have to wear 02 and I don't have any for walking around, not that there's far to go anyway. So hopefully the pain was the pnemonia and it won't hurt any more.

Guess that's it. I'll maybe write tomorrow and tell you I'm all better! Whew, feel like I dodged a bullet. I'll have to tell you all how it was Mon-Wed. before Kelly brought me in. Yikes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Carol... Miss you. Glad you are "dodging bullets". I know you are skilled at that but maybe not play around so much, ok?? Us folks far away worry about you. Cool to see you writing. I want to visit but am hesitant about kids and germs...
Love you, please take care, and be nice to the nurses (for me!!)
- Kim :)

Anonymous said...

Dodgin bullets, just like the Matrix! Way cool!

#1Fan

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Cousin,
Just thought I'd add an additional note on your blog space, to say one more "YAAAY!" for the day. I see there's another "Kim" writing to you (maybe my alter ego??) -- In any case, we're ALL grateful that you're doing better! :o)

xoxoxo, Cousin Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Glad to hear you are feeling better. We will be up (or down, or out) to see you tomorrow (Sunday) but don't go to any trouble with cooking a big meal or anything! I will wear a bullet proof vest if there will be anymore dodging of bullets!
See you tomorrow afternoon!
Love, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hiya Miss Carol,
It's good to hear your doing much much better. Hmm, you don't have a nail salon there, by any chance are there any massage therapists? A good ole massage on the backside would probably help a whole lot about now....hmm, maybe hubby would like to volunteer :-) It's okay that you can't talk out loud...we can still hear you loud and clear *smiles*
Love & Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz - surprise! Yes, it's me. What's new? Haven't heard anything from you today. Are you getting physical therapy? Let us know how you're doing. Now that I've figured this thing out (with Carrie's help), I expect some updates from you! Get busy now - chop-chop!!
Big Cousin Merle