Sunday, April 02, 2006

Home again and half alive

So, here I am at home. The first 4 days were he.... I'll be nice, no swearing.
Thank my lucky stars that the surgery didn't cause the kind of pain it did last time or I don't think I would have made it. The vicious cold I had, that I got from Kely who is also still sick? Well, it waited till after surgery to make it's real appearance. The first two or 3 days I was coughing so violently, that again we were afriad that I would put a hole in my lung. If I hadn't had the surgery, I probably would have bled a great amout also. I can't remember ever coughing like that. All day, all night. I took every over the counter thing I could think of. My sore throat that started the Thursday before the surgery was raging. I had sores on my tounge still.
I tried to sleep setting up, but that didn't help. After two nights of this I just cried I was so tired and could do nothing about it. Finally last night I got some sleep, better than I had so far. Still woke up numerous times, but was able to go back to sleep. My throat is still sore, and my voice is completely gone, not a little, but like bye bye voice! My throat and tounge itch like a food allery, go figure.

But with a little sleep I actually felt better. I put on makeup even. Kelly took me to MiMi's and then just drove around. I stuck my head out the window like a dog, hee heeh. I'm a goober. I am coughing up such disgusting stuff that I was sure I had pnemonia. But the fevers have been low and not for a couple of days. Still crud there...ewwwwwww. I am terrible to live with right now. I disgust myself even! I hope this all goes away soon.

Kelly stayed home from work all week, he too was afraid that what happened to my friend could happen to me. It was horrible and haunts us both. He got me cookies, KFC and I couldn't even eat it. Well, i did later. He even cleaned the bathroom for me, yahoo. I want to milk this, (you're not reading are you honey?) maybe he can clean the whole house! I'm very lucky to have someone who doesn't run for the hills, even though I'm sure some days he'd really like to!
So that is my story. More than you ever wanted to know probably. Told you on the front page CF isn't so fun!

I'll try to catch up on emails and phone calls. Obviously emails first since no one can hear me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you made it through the worst of it. Hang in there Girl! I'd try and get at lest the rest of the month out of him.
#1Fan

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin,

It's so good to "hear" your voice online again! What a process, huh? Hoping that today is a better day ... xoxo

Love, Kim