Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday

Not much to say. It's been a slow weekend. We've done nothing. I did get some yard work done today, almost got the whole patio area cleaned, and trimmed the plants that grow along the patio. Got to hire someone to trim those trees, they are way too big.

Still waiting for USC to call, when I spoke to the lady on Tuesday, she said she'd call back later that day or the next day. That's how it's been every time I try to talk to them. Makes me very uneasy. But hopefully if you are actually a patient they will respond to you in a more timely manner.

My big yahoo this weekend was I got an attachment for my vacuum cleaner so that I can vacuum under the bed or the couch or wherever. I know I'm weird, but I've wanted that for so long. I can move the couch if I feel ok, but the bed is impossible. So now I can get rid of those dust bunnies hiding in the carpet. Yipee! There is something seriously wrong with me!

I also got a computer disc that has regular games on it, like chess, backgammon....even mahjongg (sp?). Maybe I can learn to play that, it looks way confusing. But now I'll have something else to do when I'm bored at night instead of writing these boring entries :)

k, off to do breathing treatments, pills, inhalers, shots, the vest and maybe eat. Hmmmm,
what to eat... night night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
Please know how wonderful it is for me to read your "boring" posts. I check your blog every day, several times a day, and I rejoice when there's a new post about a boring day. That's good - that's my life, nice and boring. When there's no new posts I worry that something's wrong and I say an extra prayer that everything is really ok and boring, and when there's a post that something hard and challenging is hitting you, I say extra prayers that you will have the strength and fight in you to get through it. Please keep the posts coming, especially even when you have nothing to write about.
Lots of love!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Amen to Joyce's comment above! It's always good to "hear your voice", whether there's "big" news or not ... Just knowing what's what in your life and how you're doing is plenty big stuff for all of us who love you!

Thinking of you, with lots of love,
Cousin Kim (Washington :o)

Anonymous said...

Cousin Carol,
Yes, you are weird. New vacuum attachment, indeed! I have vacuum attachments; I certainly have no intention of ever using them, however!! What I am going to do is meet you at the movies (yay!)tomorrow, give away our free popcorn coupons to some unsuspecting victims, eat candy with you (both diabetics), and enjoy Marie Antoinette. Just another day in the Inland Empire. See ya there or be square.
Cousin Merle