Sunday, March 26, 2006

Newport Coast weekend

My husband and I went to Newport this weekend. Not just Newport Beach but Newport Beach Coast. Who knew there was another town called that? We stayed at a beautiful condo complex that is a time share. We had to go thru the sells pitch, but the guy was really nice and didn't get too mad at us for not buying. It actually was a better price than I expected. We even thought twice about it!
We did a lot of sleeping in, I've had insomnia and Kelly has been sick, so we slept late. We walked around the Fashion Island mall, had some great food and sat for a while by the water. I could sit and listen to the ocean for hours.
Sadly, the day we left for our weekend, I started the morning having a sore throat. After Friday, I had that , a tounge full of sores, go figure, a headace and very sore legs from walking. Boy I'm really out of shape. So on Saturday after a late start we went to eat at a nice restaurant and half way thru my food, I started bleeding. It was a pretty big bout of hemoptysis, with me using up napkins, getting blood in my food, and scaring a waitress or two trying to get in the bathroom.
I didn't want to even move after that, but we had a long way to walk to get to the car. I had ask Kelly earlier in the day if he would mind if we could go home as I wasn't feeling well. We were going to do that, but not so early and not for this reason! But we went back and packed up and left. I felt so tired I could barely stay awake, but I didn't go to bed till 1ish and still couldn't fall asleep. I don't know what my problem is. I did finally get some sleep.

This morning I woke up feeling not so great. I hurt all over, throat, tounge, legs, even one part of my leg that feels like my bone is exploding. I feel tired and short of breath and today I'm running a small fever. We drove up the 395 to look at some houses my husband's friend told him about. The houses were beautiful, but the area and traffic were both terrible. So we came home and that's about it for today. Kelly went out this evening and I was going to go to sleep, but again, I can't fall asleep.

When I call the doctor tomorrow about the bleed, maybe I'll ask for some sleeping pills also.
So, so much for our romantic weekend. I'm such a bummer of a wife!
Well, maybe this not sleeping can be good, I think I have a test tomorrow in sign language so I'll study tonite.

Bye Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you husband had a great time in spite of a few disruptions. Did you happen to see a creepy guy hanging out at the Starbucks?

#1Fan